Call for Art
GATEWAY ART SUPPORT
Call for Art Proposals
2019 Grant Proposals Are Open!
Gateway Art Support (GAS) Grants are awarded as supplementary funding to help give birth to your proposed project. GAS reserves the right to award less than the requested amount. Proposals will be evaluated based on the following (in no particular order):
creativity / interactivity / thoughtfulness / originality / excitement / inspiration
planning / feasibility / safety plan / cleanup plan / budget / past work
reflection of the “10 principles” of Burning Man
how or if the work supports the Art Theme of the event. The theme for Gateway Burn 2019 is “Let the Games Begin.”
Policies & Procedures
- Grants are intended to cover materials and transportation.
- Funding requests for renovations or extensions of existing projects are allowed.
- Performances are eligible. Pretty much anything is eligible.
- Artists should indicate whether their project can be taken elsewhere. There will be additional judging points for taking the piece to additional locations.
- The GAS art grant budget is based upon the previous year’s net income from Gateway Burners’ events, fundraisers and donations. Unallocated art funds will roll over into the following year.
- If an artist sells work created using the funds of a GAS grant, the granted amount must be returned to GAS due to 501(c)(3) requirements.
- Gateway Burners and/or Gateway Art Support reserves the right to reproduce any and all imagery related to the Gateway Burn for promotional purposes only. All reasonable attempts will be made to give proper credit to the artists involved.
- By submitting an application, the artist agrees to the terms of this Call for Proposals.
- All recipients of GAS grants will receive 50% of awarded funds upon receipt by Gateway Burners of a signed artist’s contract, and the remainder within 30 days of completion of terms of contract.
- Execute the proposed project
2. Include the phrase “Funded in part by the Gateway Burner’s Gateway Art Support (GAS)” on any and all promotional materials.
3. Completely remove the project and cleanup the installation site by the close of the event
4. Other responsibilities as defined in artist’s contract
Round one art grant applications must be received by Saturday, March 2nd. Round two applications must be received by Saturday, May 18th.
Download the PDFs below to get started:
GAS will review your proposal and notify you in a timely manner.
Do not be discouraged if you are not awarded a grant. We have limited funds and are forced to make tough decisions about where to apply them.
Grant Proposals are Open!
You can email any questions you have about this process to: firstname.lastname@example.org