Gateway went off with out hardly any major incidents this year, thanks for all who attended!
Announcing ArticaPrize 2019
Art is for Everyone. Art is Everywhere.
A prize will be awarded to the artist who shows a piece at Artica October 5-6, 2019 that wins most votes from the public present at Artica. The minimum prize awarded to the winning artist will be $1000. Prize funding donated by Gateway Burners and private donation. A further $500 is possible if the winning piece is brought to one of two Gateway Burners functions.
Now go make art.
One vote per Artica attendee, one representative artist designated per piece.
Ballots dispensed at Artica gate with Artica entry (free) and signature of event liability waiver. All pieces for consideration must be registered by Friday September 27th, noon. Administrators of ArticaPrize and Artica/their projects (including the effigy sculpture) are ineligible.
Physical and performance pieces must be present and occur during the Artica 2019 event. Art is eligible whether it has been funded by grant or not; whether it is old or new, small or large!
The intention of this prize is to encourage more art!
Artist Proposal Show + Tell
ARTICA! Bring your ideas!
Saturday, July 20th, 2-5pm
2212 S Jefferson Ave, St. Louis 63104
Artists, this is your opportunity to start thinking about what you might like to propose for Artica 2019: The Dance of Furious Joy, this October 5th and 6th. Make a mock-up, sketch, collage, or short performance and share your ideas! You’ll have an opportunity to ask for feedback or questions regarding the execution of your work at the festival this year.
Not sure if you want to submit this year? Come support others and their art and enjoy the delicious food and beverage of Milque Toast Bar!
Suggested donation of $5 gets you a voting ballot. Donations from the door will be awarded to the 3 proposals with the most votes. The top 3 who best inspire the voting audience will split the pot 50%, 25%, 25%.
Gateway Board Elections
It’s time for Gateway Board 2019 Nominations!!!
So Our Burn is Over! 🙂 and all is completed. NOT SO!
We yearly elect our board members from amongst the community. We want to know who you would like to guide the organization for the next year.
Contact us with your nominations at: email@example.com
Any words of why this person is your nomination are appreciated and will be heard.
Here are a few things we are looking for in a new or returning board member:
Board Member Qualifications
- The following are the qualifications desired for a successful board member. Ideally, the board, as a whole will possess a well balanced blend of these traits.
- All board members must be ready, willing and able to fulfill the responsibilities outlined above.
- A board member should possess 3 or more of the following:
- Event planning and/or fundraising experience.
- Experience in administrative aspects of grant processes (grant writing, grant distribution, application review, etc.)
- Relationship with the local arts community.
- Relationship with the local burner community.
- Personal understanding of the 10 Principles of Burning Man.
- Experience with governance or upper level management, preferably in a volunteer driven organization.
- A board member must be able to communicate and collaborate effectively with fellow board members, EC’s, and the community at large, conducting him or herself with decorum, in a manner befitting a leader of the organization.
Know someone who fits the bill but not the letter of the law, never fear – there is room for all ideas and characters. We would rather have the opportunity to think about that idea than shut it down based on credentials.
- open nominations now til July 24
- vetting committee review applicants. July 24-31
- Nominees Finalized and Announced July 31
- open voting August 1st and ending August 14th
- Additional voting options are to attend the August Community Meeting or contact the committee directly. firstname.lastname@example.org
Gateway Burn Facebook Event Page